Rock pool (Anemone is not the enemy)

Today my task was to listen to a story about an anemone, he tried to make freinds with a school of fish that swam into the anemone’s rock pool but the fish were mean to him. So  when the water started to go out the fish were forced to swim closer to the anemone if you dont know anemone has this chemical reaction that makes it when ever anyone touchs one you get stung. So when the water went completely out tide the fish were forced to get stung by them. Once the water came back the fish’s left, once the mean fish a clown fish came in the rock pool but he was nice and when the water went out the clown fish swam into the anemone but did not get stinged the clown fish did not want to leave because the bigger fish could not swim into the anemone.

My next task was to rock pool using meaterials in my garden and outside. I gave my rock pool a treasure chest, because

there was not alot of  stones in my garden I had to use other items sutch as pocker chips and other things I found

One thought on “Rock pool (Anemone is not the enemy)

1. Mōrena Blake,

Now this is a super summer activity!! Growing up playing in the rock pools and searching for crabs or starfish or the occasional octopus was a daily activity. My friends and I would spend hours out on the rocks exploring and we found some amazing things, the best probably being this beautiful brown and orange octopus the size of a basketball!!!

I think your rock pool looks amazing and I love how much detail and effort clearly went into your design. I see you had to get creative when finding items from around this house, good job using a treasure chest that is something I could imagine discovering in a rock pool if I was lucky!!

Have you ever explored any rock pools, if so what was the coolest thing you found?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ